linux compatible usb oscilloscope

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Apr 18 13:30:10 EDT 2018

Hi gang,

After 18 continuous years of no problems I just suffered my second power event in 72 hours at Equinix.

I'm looking to borrow (or for recommendations for purchase if it's cheap) a USB oscilloscope which I propose to plug directly into the 120v AC feed to the rack, and have write a time series of log files so I can reconstruct the actual waveform if/when we get dinged again for advanced finger pointing.  So obviously we are looking for software that is capable of that.

We also (hopefully) have a Dranetz 606 power disturbance analyzer on its way.

Any thoughts?  Actual pro equipment that I can borrow also gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

-r