This and dental fillings? When not to stand near a transmitting antenna

Terry N4TLF n4tlf at wb4jfi.com
Thu Oct 11 13:58:13 EDT 2018

I believe your (implied) assumption that microwave RF causes rusted parts or corrosion is incorrect.  The “rusted” parts discussed became rusted by other (environmental) means.  Intermod via rusted, corroded, or dissimilar metals is a very known condition.  But being near a microwave RF source does not normally cause that rust.  Also, this problem is not limited to microwave frequencies, nor certain power levels.