Having Windows & Linux Networking problems

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 19:30:56 EST 2019

I read in the last couple of weeks that one of the updates to Windoze 10
disabled all local networking.  There were a number of

hits on that subject when I did searches.  IIRC one of the links had
info that it looks like you can set up the net as the setup area is
still there, but the actual networking no longer works. The link I found
IIRC had an angry tone.  I think I remember one of those links to MS
where they explain the vulnerability which forced the shutoff of the
home group feature.  Wait a minute, maybe I remember that you could
still  map a drive, though to tell the truth I gave up after 4 hours or
so.  I'm back to a sneaker net.