Field Day

Alex Fraser beatnic50 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 15:33:04 EDT 2019

Stacked beams on a Jeep?  It will take me a while to edit the video.
I visited Woodbridge Wireless and VWS sites.  I worked W4IY (Woodbridge)
on 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters, some at < 1/2 mile range on low power.  I
was hoping to do the same with VWS, but ran into some honey do's Sunday
morn and had to rush to Burke Lake B4 shutdown, so I didn't have time to
find them on the bands.

HF propagation was poor on all bands.  I made 22 contacts in 2 days of
occasional operating. I tried on 6 meters with the hope that some local
was listening, but no joy. Ditto for 2 meter SSB.

I didn't finish my install till Saturday morn, so all testing and tuning
of antennas was during the contest.

I had a blast!