AA19-290A: Microsoft Ending Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 20 16:39:15 EDT 2019

  I contacted Micro-Center's service department in Virginia for
additional info and was informed that the problems initial users of Win
10 experienced have been fixed and that Win 10 now works /perfectly/ on
all new machines they sell. Additionally, in the future Microsoft won't
be selling new versions of operating software but instead, will continue
(indefinitely?) to provide service to Win 10 users. (Which brings to
mind the question: Where's the profit in that?)

  Sounds great, doesn't it? Sorta like a lifetime guarantee - provided
you believe in such things. :-\ Question is, Who's lifetime?

  OTOH, those that don't want to buy a new computer or pay for an
upgrade /may/ still be able to download a 'free' version of Win 10 from
Microsoft - as outlined here.

  https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

Richard