anyone with a entry level FPGA development board (VHDL support) they don't need?

samudra.haque at gmail.com samudra.haque at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 16:37:53 EDT 2020

Wow, I am learning a lot thanks to Taco’s forums. I regret not paying attention to FPGA world earlier. I just sat through 30 minutes of a free training course on Intel’s website: and a wholesome review of a tutorial using the flow chart shown below – and it would I am most sure at this point, be easy for me to replicate my manually designed electric rocket subsystem (see pics from 2015) control system, into an FPGA version down to the 10 uS synthetic reprogrammable timebase I had to design, to validate my multi-rocket synchronization routines – I honestly was just paying attention to the physics, and not to the EE techniques then.

Back then I was using Netburner hardware, and wholly customized PCB, with IGBT power switches and ~40 amp transient discharges from an inductive energy storage system I calculated manually. Well --- an FPGA containing a soft-core MCU, some external switches, RTOS application (the same possibly that I used in the RTOS of Netburner environment) and some barebones serial comms seem to be practical to implement with these methods, …. And I may be able to develop new control processes and drive other elements .. without much delay ! Perhaps even use the onboard NIOS II DSP section to do mod/demod ? BTW, I liked the training material 100 and 200 level FPGA courses on the intel website, free with registration. Like: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/catalog.html?keywords=nios