Chinese electronic markets

Terry N4TLF n4tlf at wb4jfi.com
Sat Mar 14 17:18:50 EDT 2020

In the D.C. area in the 60s and 70s, we had SASCO on King St. in Alexandria (two floors of stuff), and RITCO in a warehouse in Annandale, behind the lawn mower repair shop off 236.  SASCO was always fun to visit, but RITCO was strange.  The guy would follow you all around, like he didn’t really want to sell anything.

Then there was Arcade in Annandale, I loved talking to Vern and the other owner.  Vic Clark (W4KFC) would regularly show up there.  And the Heathkit store in Rockville, along with another parts store in Rockville.  Plus the electronics surplus store (with various names Surplus Electronics, Electronics Plus, etc...) in College Park.  And the ham store in Woodbridge (now HRO), and lest we NOT forget, EEB in Vienna.

But, that guy at RITCO was strange... I can’t remember his name.
73, Terry, N4TLF