Chinese electronic markets

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sat Mar 14 22:27:40 EDT 2020

 Wrong title and probably wrong list for this topic, but one last go:

My favorite experience was in the SF area.  Went in the back of this big store and there was a guy sitting by a line of big HP signal generators with a hammer and a chisel.  Knocking off the screw heads of the top of the oscillators and gently removing the tubes.  Rest went into the dumpster.  They wouldn't ship and I was flying!

Then there was an outfit in the Phoenix area.  I walked into the back and there was a guy with a rotary eraser conveniently changing big, oil filled caps from 3.5 KV to 5 KV models.  I'm still running a couple of those!  When I kick off, someone will get the supply with a 4 KV 2A CCS rating with those in series for filters.  (If anyone remembers what tubes are!) (Oh yes, the transformer has 3.5 KV taps.)

N0UU