revisiting a mystery radio report from 1960s

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Thu Apr 2 11:42:12 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-02 1:36, samudra.haque at gmail.com wrote:

> As a teen in the 1970s, at a house of one of my grandmothers, I came across the 1965 article in Readers Digest
> mentioned in this article from Vice podcast, and that sparked my interest in radios, leading me on a path to an
> amateur radio license goal in a country that had (then) stopped issuing radio licenses. I was only able to get my S21X
> license in the 1990s.
>
> https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/qjd5dm/judica-cordiglia-brothers-were-eavesdropping-soviet-space-radio-transmissions-cries-for-help-mystery

The Judica Cordiglia brothers many years ago were expelled from ARI, the Italian equivalent of ARRL, for having cheated
in their reception reports.

I do not remember now the details, it was many years ago, but I recall that the argumentation brought forward by ARI to
justify the decision was very convincing...

73  Alberto  I2PHD