A blast from the past

Terry N4TLF n4tlf at wb4jfi.com
Sat Sep 26 21:41:36 EDT 2020

IT STILL BOOTS!

Attached are a couple of photos of my homemade "Xerpro", a luggable
Xerox-820 based CP/M system that was used with packet radio development.  It
also simulated a LEO satellite for some development work.

After over 16 years of storage and one move, I dug it out, plugged it in,
and it actually booted to CP/M just fine!  There are three 5.25 inch floppy
drives (one not working right now), a complete packet modem/SCC, and a
connector in the rear for the eight inch floppy drive accessory.  Just hook
an Icom IC-2AT to the two rear mini audio connectors, and I could be
on-the-air.

I continue on my track to better times.
73, Terry, N4TLF