traps, wires and para cord

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Sat Nov 21 20:13:05 EST 2020

I had an antenna rope pulled through a tree in the front yard. Over the
years it pulled through the branches and my antennas got lower and
lower. I used my sling shot/fishing reel to shoot some fishing line over
the tree so I could pull some rope over the tree much higher up. I then
pulled the old rope down so I could pull it back through the top of the
tree. Well the fishing line snapped as I was pulling it up. Bummer, I
guess 6# monofilament is too weak so I've ordered some 20# line. I got
permission from a neighbor to use one of his trees in the back yard.
When I'm finished I hope to have some dipoles on the lower bands and
much higher up in the sky.

I ordered some monofilament line and 500' of para cord.   I'm doing
better this year as I usually wait till it's too cold out to work
comfortably.  I hope that won't effect the pleasure I get from the
signals....