traps, wires and para cord

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Sun Nov 22 01:26:25 EST 2020

On 11/21/20 9:17 PM, Phil via Tacos wrote:
> 1. The squirrels here in my part of the UK make short work of para
> cord, so I have to use steel cable instead.
>
> 2. The fork in the chestnut tree has grown around the steel cable, so
> I can no longer lower that end... 😳

I found it was worth it to hire a tree guy to put some eye bolts up in
the tree rather than pull cord over branches -- much healthier for the
tree and longer lasting -- plus easier to let down for any tuning or
maintenance.

I beat the squirrels with some pvc over the cord -- short sections of
pvc about half a meter long at a stretch like a big version of a kids
jump rope--- easy to deal with, protects the cord from all manner of
beasties, and doesn't interfere with the antenna.

Hope this helps,

_M

--
kf4hcw