CW filter design using analog components

samudra.haque at gmail.com samudra.haque at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 23:22:59 EDT 2021

In last weeks Tacos meeting, on the ways to make a CW filter, the discussion had me think of using analog components, and I used a filter designer to generate some numbers, what is a good way to simulate this to see its curve? Pspice?

Would a  VNA gadget you showed plot the curve of this filter board? If I only had a signal generator (455 kHz, to simulate CW carrier 2nd IF stage) and a spectrum analyzer, that couldn’t be used to generate a filter curve right because it wouldn’t sweep? Any poor mans way of sweeping  (e.g., manual and then plotting the level?)

Is there a software VNA that can plot the filter curve?

Bandpass Filter Calculator

Passive Bandpass Filter

Passive Bandpass Filter Formulas

Using Low Cutoff 454850 Hz, High Cutoff 455150 Hz, we get:

C1: 100nF
R1: 4‎Ω
C2: 1nF
R2: 350‎Ω