nanoVNA test board

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 13:02:45 EDT 2021

I soldered the 6 SMA jacks on the little nanoVNA test board kit.   It
was good soldering practice and a way to assess my current soldering
abilities.  I went fairly well.  As the fumes from the flux whirled
around my head I had some thoughts...

If a made an adapter for the SMA jack so I could plug it into one of
those plastic push pin breadboards, then could I expect any good reading
with the nanoVNA?  Would I calibrate connected to the breadboard for
open, jumpered for short and a 50 ohm resister pushed for resistance?
What would be the frequency limits for using those breadboards?  Are
there any tricks as to which way you use the rows of pin holes to plug
in components?