anyone got one of those cheapie SI 4732 based receivers?

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Mon Apr 19 12:03:08 EDT 2021

I've been playing (not operating) on 630M and looking for an easy (cheap) way to get a digital signal from a RX antenna to the computer that won't be too big a loss when Thor strikes...as he often does at the remote location.  I've ordered the 4735 version from BY as that one seems to handle SSB better than the usual 4732.  But SparkFun says that the 5 version is not being produced anymore.
I've seen no reviews of Dynamic Range or such, but they seem to have all of the data rates that we need for the digital software.  Plus, what really caught my eye was the software as supplied tunes in the LW band.  I happen to have a few Collins 253 KHz mechanical filters that I've had for a long time that will work in a superhet rackem stackem configuration.
Shipping seems to be the end of May (!).
Will let you know..when and if...
N0UU