GPS QRM

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 23:36:13 EDT 2021

I have caught the pico balloon craze and have started building my own
trackers.  I'm new to RF PCB making and have made several PCB versions that
worked well.  I recently started running into GPS noise problems that seem
to emanate from the Si5351A chip used to generate the 20 m, 10 mW WSPR
signal.

I have tried via stitching on a two layer board with plenty of decoupling
caps with no joy.

Could anyone help?

I do have GPS working good enough to fly.  Here is my best result so far on
2 - $2 party balloons.   WSPR only sends 4 characters of maidenhead grid
square to only coarse position reports for now.  We're working on it.
[image: image.png]

73 Martin W6MRR