Searching for a USB 3.x or 2.x hub.. with no backfeed

Samudra Haque samudra.haque at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 04:59:42 EDT 2021

Hi, a recent amazon USB powered hub I installed provides **backfeed** to
the DC/DC converter that I installed in a chassis to power the same USB
hub. I wanted a USB hub for servicing the various FPGA and MCU development
boards ... But didn't expect the hub itself to power the DC/DC board in
reverse direction when the DC power input cable is disconnected! And guess
where it is drawing the the (albeit low power) ?

The hub is drawing from my laptop (both 2.x and 3.x ports)

For those of you that might have seen  backfeed is this part of the USB
power protocol?

Mitigation tips?

73 de N3RDX