First Tool Path

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 19:51:14 EST 2022

I've been trying to learn 3D CAD/CAM using the free hobbyist version of
Fusion 360. It took a while to figure out how to create the 3D part and
a good bit longer how to generate a tool path to cut a circular pocket
in that part. This is a video of the software simulating a cut. I'm
tickled pink....

CAD (Computer Aided Design)
Cam (Computer Aided manufacturing)
CAD/CAM means the computer figures out how to move the cutting tool so
you can make the part with a CNC machine tool (Computer Numerical Control).

I used my phone to video the screen as I ran the simulation.  The part
is hanging off the edge of the table, dumb robot....

   The YouTube Video https://youtu.be/hfBHbPkZOyo