2 Drones meet...

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 17:15:39 EST 2023

1/4 mile from my house in Woodbridge VA.  I'm a few miles out of the 15
mile "no fly" zone over DC, but inside the 30 mile DC "be careful
zone".  There are flight restrictions over Quantico and for Dulles and
Manasas aiports.   I use the app "B4Ufly" which gives you any added
restrictions.  I'm limited to 400' and can't go out of sight.  I'm kind
of winging it on altitude so far.  I will calibrate with a laser range
finder in the next couple of weeks, mean while I go by size of the drone
and guess.  I've measured telephone poles and use them to guess my height...