Balloons?

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Fri Feb 3 23:46:38 EST 2023

We still have U-2s in service I'm sure they have flown up to that
Chinese balloon and have close ups.  I watch the sky quite often. I've
seen satellites.  In the evening just after sunset things high up are
still lit by the sun so they are bright against the dark sky.  The glint
of sun on a high altitude plane will give a flash of light.  If you are
lucky you can then see the plane with binoculars.  Something as big as a
balloon would be much brighter than Jupiter or Saturn. Maybe people out
West thought it was the messiah?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/famed-u-2-spy-plane-takes-on-a-new-surveillance-mission/

The article also has good info on a  global  US military command and
control system.
I wonder if the old one will be available on the surplus market? It
would be great for Field Day.....