FD mobile

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 22:30:03 EDT 2023

I go mobile for FD and I guess I've done that 20 plus times.  Last year
I got zero contacts, but this year I got three! My record was 40 some
years ago.  Once I even worked Japan from one of the pickups I've worn out.

I wasn't feeling so hot (sinus and vertigo) so I didn't go far from
home, matter of fact I parked in the driveway most of the time.  I had
my laptop set up in the truck and tried working digital, but with the
poor conditions and my limited antenna couldn't break through the
pileups all crowded into  barely open bands.  I finely tried phone and
after a bit of yelling made my contacts.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing things right, but somebody ought to fix the
sky....