QRP Voice Powered Transmitters - CW and Speech!

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Thu Mar 14 21:23:48 CDT 2013

Richard,

I was about that age when I discovered that the ear pieces from a
Western Electric 500 telephone needed no power source to produce a
'telephone'.  I had two ear pieces and connected them together.  I then
reconnected them via a 100 foot extension cord.  I had made a
sound-powered telephone, and I didn't even (yet) know what that was.

Joe, N6DGY