Tesla coils for VLF

Michael F. Skelly mskelly@capaccess.org
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 22:21:28 -0500

It occurs to me that RCA had an inexpensive varient of the op amp
(operational voltage amplifier) about 20 years ago, optimized to
work into extremely low impedence loads.  The devices were called
OTAs (operational transconductance ammplifiers), and easily ran
well to 2 MzHz at that time.  As I recall, they were unaffected
by load impedence from dead short to infinity, or from extreme
ranges of inductive loads.  It seems to me that they would make
ideal output stages for low-power VLF transmitters.  If I can find
where I left my 20-year-old notes, I'll share the information.
-Mike KA8OPJ/4