Tesla coils for VLF

Andre Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:46:28 -0500

Michael,
The Operational Transconductance Amplifier (OTA) was indeed pioneered
by RCA . Representative units included the CA 3080 and the CA3094,
both of which are still available from Allied for $0.96 each..

The internal construction and the operation of both is described in
detail in the  "IC Op-amp Cookbook" by Walter Jung, Sams # 20969, 1974

If, in fact the OTAs were to be determined to be a good approach to
VLF output stages  (something I have not done), then an interesting
idea would be for us to assemble our own OTAs from discrete components
(6 diodes and 13 transistors), which could be more ruggedized, operate
with a higher Vcc etc.

73
André N4ICK