[Fwd: KFC]

David V. Rogers dvrogers@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:18:16 -0400

--------------89F7BE69100112AF4AE50715

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:53:35 +0100
From: Wayne Osentoski <ozzy-o@worldnet.att.net>
To: Jacqueline Oliver <oliver_jackie@bah.com>,
        Jeff & Judy Grann <SuccesWare@aol.com>,
        Dave Rogers <dvrogers@bellatlantic.net>,
        Carl Creager <Carl.Creager@ost.dot.gov>,
        Nick Hirsch <njhirsch@crosslink.net>, Lois Rogers <Lomarie@erols.com>,
        Chris Ondrus <chris_ondrus_at_admin@mail.bethsoft.com>,
        Sophie Ondrus <sophiepc@worldnet.att.net>,
        Gail Larkin <gail.larkin@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: KFC

After watching sales falling off for three straight months at Kentucky
Fried Chicken, the Colonel calls up the Pope and asks for a favor. The
Pope says,  "What can I do for you?"

The Colonel says, "I need you to change the daily prayer from, "Give us
this day our daily bread" to "Give us this day our  daily chicken." If
you  do it, I'll donate 10 million  dollars to the Vatican."

The Pope replies, "I am sorry, that is the Lord's prayer and I can not
change the words."   So, the Colonel hangs up.

After another month of dismal sales, the Colonel panics, and calls
again.  "Listen your excellency. I really need your help. I'll donate
$50 million if you change  the words of the daily prayer from "Give us
this day our daily bread," to "Give us this day our daily chicken."

And the Pope responds, "It is very tempting, Colonel Sanders.  The
church could do a lot of good with that much money. It would help us to
support many charities. But, again, I must decline. It is the Lord's
prayer, and I can't change the words." So the Colonel gives up again.

After two more months of terrible sales. The Colonel gets desperate.
"This is my final offer, your Excellency. If you change the words of the
daily prayer from, "Give us this day our daily bread," to "Give us this
day our daily chicken," I will donate $100 million to the Vatican."

The Pope replies, "Let me get back to you."  So the next day, the Pope
calls together all of his bishops and he says, "I have some good news
and some bad news.  The good news is that KFC is going to donate $100
million to the Vatican."

 The bishops rejoice at the news. Then one asks about the bad news. The
Pope replies, "the bad news is that we lost the Wonder Bread account."

--------------89F7BE69100112AF4AE50715--