Digital Film??

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs@amrad.org
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:20:19 -0400 (EDT)

To follow up on our last meeting a bit...

I came accross http://www.imagek.com/

"Fit the IMAGEK EFS-1 electronic film cartridge into the film cavity of
your standard 35mm point and shoot or SLR camera and turn it into a
digital camera instantly!"

This is a 1.3 megapixel image digitizing system that has the form
factor of a 35mm film catridge + a flat part that puts the imaging
element in the film path behind the shutter.

The price isn't mentioned... at least not without introducing yourself
to the marketing dept.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine what their
price is, and whether other vendors have adopted the same form factor.

-Maitland