Problem

Randy Mays randy@pobox.com
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:32:20 -0500

Here's something I received after forwarding a tacos message to a ham
friend out west....

"I tried downloading a copy of hamview, and it took over 2 hours.  I
eventually got it, and it was more than I asked for.  I could not get
it to
run, but it did succeed in rewriting my boot track, and the boot
system.  I
suspect a virus.  McAffee doesn't show a hit, but when I try to run
the
program, the system locks up.  When I restart, the operating system is

missing.  You may want to see if anyone else is having a problem."

This is from someone who is not a beginner when it comes to computers,
so you might want to be cautious with HamView.

Randy