DIW

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:15:32 -0500

Those of you who attended the AMRAD monthly meeting tonight might have
seen me in the Library's parking lot trying out my new remotely-tuned
active antenna, connected to a BC receiver.
The aero-beacon DIW on 198 kHz came in particularly strongly. DIW is a
Non Directional Beacon located in  Dixon, North Carolina, 34-34 N, 77-27
W  (most of those beacons run about 50 watts into a Marconi antenna)
Not bad for a first test.
This confirms that there is definitely hope for LF trsnamissions around
this part of the world  :-)
The only problem is that DIW is right on top of the BBC 198 kHz
transmitter    :-(
Andre'  N4ICK