K9AY Antenna - Remotely Variable Termination

tracey gardner tracey@bigwig.net
Wed, 27 Jan 99 19:09:22 GMT

Hi All

Further to my last message on the K9AY, which Andre' kindly put
out for me.

I forgot to mention that I am using a remotely variable termination,
similar to Steve Byan's unit, on my K9AY.

However I subscribe to the KISS principle and the variable
termination that I'm using consists of a discrete LDR and LED
combination in a bit of plastic tubing and not the Vactrol which
isn't available over here.

The remotely variable termination makes all the difference to the
K9AY as you can optimise the null on the offending station.

73s Tracey G5VU