LF Test Equipment

Terry Fox tfox@erols.com
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 20:16:09 -0500

Hello there.  A few weeks ago, I was browsing the latest issue of Nuts
and Volts, and saw an ad from Velleman, Inc (page 93).  Included was a
model PS640i, which is a 32MHz Digital Storage Scope and a 800HZ-16MHz
Spectrum Analyzer for $399 (not a kit).  It is an RF front end for your
computer, has 2 channels, the SA is FFT based, up to 2048 point.  More
info can be found at www.velleman.be/kits/pcs64i.htm.

My point for bringing this up is, now that we can transmit, should we
pick one of these up as a group, or if AMRAD has extra $$, should it buy
one.  As we build and test transmitting equipment, it is important that
equipment not have funny harmonics, etc.  I don't know if this is the
right item, but thought I'd throw it out.

I plan to continue to buy/build various pieces of test equipment myself,
but since Andre and others are also building transmission stuff, it
might make sense for the group.

Check it out and let me know what you all think.  Terry