Marketing.... fun for the day

Steve Carlson stevec@escalade.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 11:59:33 -0700

Uncle George
The children of a well-to-do family decided to give their father a book
containing their family's history for a birthday present. They commissioned
a professional biographer to write the book, carefully cautioning him about
the family's "black sheep"-their Uncle George had been executed in the
electric chair for murder, and they felt that it would be best if the
biographer left Uncle George out of the book;"No need to do that," said the
biographer. "I can report the situation in such a way that there will be no
embarrassment to your father or to you. I'll merely write that
Uncle George occupied a chair of applied electronics at an important
government institution. He was attached to his position by the strongest
ties, and his death came as a real shock."