Antenna Tuner

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 23 May 1999 21:15:28 +0000 (GMT)

Andre' and all

I stopped into a K-Mart on the way to St Louis and found some "Junior"
storage crates that have a little solid panel in each end.  This panel is
just made to order for drilling a hole in for a tuning shaft for a
variable coupler.  A variable coupler should tune the R value of the
antenna tuner when placed in series with the tranmission line.

Thus, tune the antenna untile the reactance is zero and then tune the
coupler 'till the impedence is 50 ohms.  Touch each up and the antenna
should be tuned.

I'll be back next week and will try to find the time to build one to fit
into the tuner at Hal's.

Frank K0BRA