switching tr.

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 21 May 1999 23:38:39 +0000 (GMT)

Michael,

Good to hear from you.  I am putting the finishing touches on an article
for the next AMRAD newsletter on modifying the new TenTec RX320 computer
driven receiver for LF reception.  For $299 this receiver as modified is
a real performer when used with a good LF active efield probe antenna.
The club has a 180 watt beacon on the air with a homebuilt antenna tuner
that uses a wire antenna similar to a 40 meter dipole.  As we work the
bugs out there will be an article on that in the newsletter.  If you look
at the British LF web pages you can find a lot of designs for solid state
LF tranmitters.  Andre' Kesteloot, an AMRAD member is building an LF
transmitter and an article is likely to follow.

I have a business in Missouri and a daughter there in St Louis going to
Washington University.  In fact I will be heading out there tomorrow
(Saturday) for a quick visit.  Pass your phone number as I would like a
quick eyeball while there.

Frank Gentges K0BRA