[Lowfer] AMRAD Beacon

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX dmcintyre@att.net
Mon, 24 May 1999 23:46:48 -0400

Andre',  I listened for the beacon about half an hour just after dark
but did not hear it.  QRN was low so I thought I might hear the beacon
this evening.  In your direction I usually could hear "TH", 189.360 from
NJ best just after dark.  I receive a good data signal all the time, day
or night, on 137.000 KHz.  Sounds like RTTY.  Any idea where this signal
originates?  I will keep trying for the 136.750 when conditions are
favorable.
73, Dex