QSL ?

Andre' Kesteloot akestelo@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 05 Jun 1999 23:25:48 -0400

Hello LF enthusiasts...

The AMRAD Beacon is now operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
(except during power cuts, of which we have had a few in recent weeks
:-)

We transmit on 136.750 kHz. with about 170 watts RF into a "T"
(Marconi) antenna.

The message sent continuously at 5 wpm is "vvv de wa2xtf/6 qsl via
n4ick at amrad.org ar" followed, for signal/noise calibration
purposes, by a long dash and a silence.

The present setup is located in Vienna Virginia, (NL 38-53-24; WL
77-15-43) at the QTH of Hal Feinstein WB3KDU, and consists of a
computer running QRS (a program written for Windows by Rik Strobbe
ON7YD)  driving a "The First" LF transmitter (made in Holland).  The
output goes through an external low-pass filter, a VSWR meter, an
auto-transformer to match the transmitter's output impedance to the
tuning unit designed and built by Frank Gentges K0BRA, and finally
reaches the "T" antenna built by Elton Sanders WB5MMB.

In the future, we will alternate between CW and BPSK transmissions.

If you can hear us, we would appreciate that you QSL c/o
n4ick@amrad.org

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Andre' N4ICK