AMSAT Phase 3D DC Vibe Tour Sked!

Pat Kilroy pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:33:36 -0400

TO ALL IN AND NEAR THE DC AREA

All is GO for the two separate AMSAT P3D vibe tours today,
One at 3 p.m. and the other at 6 p.m.  Visitors please be
sure to arrive several minutes early to sign in at the
guard desk at the Goddard main gate.  We depart for the
Building 7 vibration facility promptly at the scheduled
time.  Don't forget your camera!

Sincerely,

Pat WD8LAQ
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Washington, D.C. area

P.S. UPDATE: You can also subscribe to the AMSAT-DC list via
*e-mail* (in addition to via the web as mentioned earlier) as
well as to the ONCE-A-DAY-ONLY digest format.  Send your
request to majordomo@amsat.org with subscribe amsat-dc-digest
on the first line of text in the body of your message.

At 04:01 PM 7/21/99 -0400, Pat Kilroy wrote:
>AMSAT PHASE 3D DC VIBRATION TOUR SCHEDULE
>
>The AMSAT P3D vibe schedule is changing fast because with all the
>HST and EOS-1 space hardware competing for time in environmental
>testing at GSFC, P3D is kind of riding on "stand by" right now.
>
>You are invited to this evening's Goddard Amateur Radio Club
>(GARC) meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. at the WA3NAN club site.  By
>6:15 p.m. a group will break for the GSFC Building 7 vibration
>facility.  Cameras and flashes are okay but attendance must
>be limited to *adult* U.S. citizens with legal picture ID.  No
>RSVP is required under these conditions.
>
>There are TWO additional tentative P3D "tour" opportunities.  One
>is this Friday, July 23 at 3 p.m. and then again at 6 p.m.  For
>the Friday tours, all should meet at the guard shack at the GSFC
>main gate on Greenbelt Road no later than 15 minutes before tour
>time.
>
>Please note that all tour arrangements are tentative based on
>a number of constraints, including critical P3D work such as
>attaching the solar panels and vibe table availability.  P3D
>at this moment is in an acoustic chamber in queue for the
>vibration tables.  Watch the AMSAT-DC e-mail list closely
>to check for last minute changes, otherwise you may show up
>and the tour date or time had changed!  To subscribe to the
>AMSAT-DC list -- even for a just few days is okay -- go to
>http://www.amsat.org/amsat/listserv/menu.html and the Mailing
>List services link there.  It's all automated so subscribing
>and unsubscribing is a snap!
>
>DIRECTIONS
>
>Talk-in is on 146.835 MHz FM WA3NAN/R.
>
>Coordinates, lat/lon:  DD MM SS.S    DD MM SS.S
>
>WA3NAN club station  N 38 59 57.2, W076 50 47.6
>GSFC Main Gate       N 38 59 30.9, W076 51 08.5
>GSFC Building 7      N 38 59 54.1, W076 50 59.6
>
>Closest APRS digi is N3IYI (Bob) in Lanham, MD (3 miles away).
>
>From Washington, DC:
>Take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (Route 295) North to Greenbelt
>Road (Route 193).  Take Greenbelt Road East for approximately two
>miles.  The main gate guard shack is on the left at the first traffic
>light after Cipriano Road.  Visitors to WA3NAN should continue on
>to the next traffic light and turn left onto Soil Conservation Road.
>The GARC facility is on the right (Gate 10) after the second traffic
>light.  Can't miss WA3NAN club antenna farm.
>
>From Baltimore:
>Take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (Route 295) South to the
>Beltsville Agricultural Research Center.  Exit at Powder Mill Road
>and follow the signs to the Goddard Visitor Center.  WA3NAN is on
>the left (Gate 10) across from the large cleanroom building bearing
>the NASA "meatball" logo.  For the GSFC main gate, continue past the
>turn for the Visitor Center to the next traffic light (Greenbelt
>Road).  Turn right on Greenbelt Road, then turn right at the next
>traffic light to enter the main gate.
>
>From Virginia:
> [...]

Patrick L. Kilroy                                                WK
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Lead Engineer  Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, Mail Code 568          E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771         Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov

          Visit SimSat at http://simsat.gsfc.nasa.gov