[Lowfer] Re: PBS program-Enigma

Cantrell Bill-QA0057 Bill_Cantrell-QA0057@email.mot.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:29:46 -0600

The Enigma program was simply excellent, but then, what else would you
expect from the G.I. Generation?  During program segments where they had CW
going in the background, I almost expected them to be sending the word
"NOVA" in CW or something cute like that.  But it sounded like number/letter
groups from what my rusty CW ear could tell.  If anyone can find access to
the 4 hour version of Enigma, please let us know!

I recall a ham buddy telling me that he was watching an old movie many, many
years ago, possibly a war movie with John Wayne or something.  During part
of the film there was a radio reception scene using CW.  My friend said he
started rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter, because the CW
message was:  "Can you hams copy this?"

Does anyone know what movie this was?

--
Regards,