electric fence insulators

Lee Lumpkin kb8wev@erols.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:11:21 -0500

Tacos,

Thanks to all who made suggestions for sources for electic fence
insulators, especially Frank K0BRA, Nan KB4DAJ, and Rob Seastrom, who
put me right on target and saved me a lot of time.  I have suitable
insulators in hand now, and can be QRV on HF in the next few days with
a wire antenna in the attic.

For anyone else who's interested, Southern States carries at least 4
different styles of electric fence insulators with standoff distances
of up to 4 inches or so.  The Vienna, VA store caters to a lot of
horse owners in the area who use the fences for setting up long
distance courses among other things, so they have them in a relatively
'urban' store.

Thanks,
Lee KB8WEV