RX320 LF use (fwd)

Frank Gentges gentges@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:50:21 +0000 (GMT)

LFers,

We have been working with the RX320 for use on LF.  Our modification to
improve performance is posted on our web page at <www.amrad.org/projects/lf>

We have recently integrated the modified RX320s with PADAN's Spectran
program and Gerds's and Clifton's control programs to give accurate
frequency measurements across the VLF/LF/MF/HF bands.  Initial details
have now been posted on our LF web page.

This is proving to be a really handy setup and in the integrated setup
the RX320 leaps ahead of other LF receiver options.  Kudos to AMRADer Bill
Farmer W3CSW for his work on this.

Take a look and this works on HF without the modifications.  This
dynamite capability is just a couple of downloads away.

Further work will continue.  The club is going to Nags Head NC in January
to try this stuff out in the field.  By the way... the RX320 works fine
on car power with a cigerette lighter cord and a notebook computer.

Frank Gentges K0BRA AMRAD