TEXAS On-the-Air Confirmed: Texas lowfer copied in Canada, 1623 miles!

Cantrell Bill-QA0057 Bill_Cantrell-QA0057@email.mot.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:17:22 -0600

Hello All,
I just got in to work today and saw the flurry of email regarding Bill de
Carle's accomplishment.  Dave Riley is almost there too!

>From Dave - AA1A:
06:39am: <Lrt[09]f[0D]-,TXh2\A/\AsXuiXsYp)Yu):R<[09]EE,TU

Hi Bill de Carle,
Congratulations and Great Job!  Yes, I was on the air at that time, and
continue to be on the air 24 hours, running good antenna current right now.
The forecast is clear dry weather for this part of the country for at least
a week -- perfect for lowFER transmissions.  My coordinates are:  Lat:
32.92598N, Lon: 97.32581W, so I calculate the distance at _ 1623 miles _ as
the crow flies using:

 http://www.indo.com/distance/

Thanks much for trying for me, and thanks ever so much for your AFRICA
program in general.

I am still running continuous BPSK, 24 hours:  TX(space) , run length of 3,
MS100, ET1, 189.700 kHz, +/- 1 part per billion,  1 watt DC input for ERP ~
5 milliwatts.

TX TX TX TX TX TX TX TX TX ...

Regards,
Bill