137 KHz

ToddRoberts2001@aol.com ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:28:44 EDT

<PRE>Dear Folks, I was wondering if your group is planning to actually transmit
any signals in the 137KHz band through the winter of 2002-2003? I have looked
at your webpages but don't seem to see any description of reliable
transmissions in that band or description of any plans to actually have some
sort of transmitter operating currently or in the future. If you have run
transmissions in the past they appear to have been spotty and not announced
to the LF community (LWCA) ?  I would think the best way to build and keep
interest in your experiments on 137KHz would be to have a RELIABLE beacon
transmitter of some type running 24HOURS A DAY. That way anyone who took the
time and energy to seriously look for your signals would know that someone at
least had a RELIABLE signal KNOWN TO BE ON THE AIR that they could look for,
and know that countless hours of their time would not be wasted looking for
signals that are not actually on the air. Thanks for your time. Yours Truly,
Todd Roberts WD4NGG. PS I am located in SC.