137 KHz

Frank Gentges KØBRA fgentges@mindspring.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 00:38:20 -0400

Todd,

Right now we are hard at work on some test equipment and antenna design
work and looking to get a bunch of other stuff written up. We have learned
pretty much the basics with our setup for now.  The LOWFers seem to be
plowing new ground and showing how the LF season is much longer than
earlier work suggested.

Your suggestion on encouraging newcomers seems a good one because we can
get on the air pretty much with what we have right now.  We are running a
200 watt transmitter so keeping it on 24/7 is a bit more difficult than one
watt with a LOWFer rig.  A spider can wreck havoc on the antenna
tuner.  I'll bring it up with the group and see if anyone wants to take on
the job of running one or both rigs.

By the way, we QSOed from time to time on AM some years ago and chatted
about LF then.  I went back to my original call since then.  I still have
the Johnson KW and the 160 meter Gates rig here but have not had them on
for several years.  I need to put the HF antenna back up.

Frank K0BRA  ex AK4R