Efratom FRS Manual

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 3 15:49:52 CST 2004

Marcus,

Too bad but I hope the manual helped you avoid waisting coultless hours
trying to fix the unfixable.

I had good luck several years ago using the 1 PPS from a GPS receiver to
compare with the 1 PPS from a divider from a frequency standard to track
the frequency standard's drift.  I used a frequency couter in the period
measurement mode and logged it daily.  After observing the log I would
adjust the frequency standard.  Earlier adjustments let me calibrate the
adjusment, which was on a 10 turn pot with a nice dial.  Once I had the
dial calibrated in frequency shift, I could pretty much put the standard
on frequency.  Once I got good at that, I could predict the daily drift
of the standard and could make the adjustment based on that.

I found it very educational doing all this.  Its nice to share my hard
earned knowledge.  I hope you enjoy doing it too.

Best new year and 73
Frank K0BRA