BPL Contest and FLASH MOBS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Mar 22 09:25:02 CST 2004

>>> Alex Fraser <beatnic at comcast.net> 3/22/04 8:51:43 AM >>>
>
>We are already the tail trying to wave the dog,
>let's not let every one know how weak we are.
>If you attack the BPL users they will circle their
>wagons and support the commission.

ALthough my post was in the vein of a "fight back"
mentaility, I think the most useful data and what
we would focus on is the number of 1-way QSO's
that had to be RELAYED back into the BPL area
becaues the mobile could not hear.  This vital
data would help prove our point.

The purpose of my post was to just have fun with
ham radio and using our freqs and just choosing
a new contest to help focus our energies...

Lots of people love contests.  Lots love HF mobile.
Lets just re-arrange things a little bit to also help in
our opposition to BPL...

(Contest wise)

>Wouldn't it be easier to make it an issue in the
>next national election?  There are already groups
>fighting the FCC over other bone head moves, find
>them and join with them, it would be win win.

If my nieghbor wants to put up a used car lot
next door, I find it far more productinve to fight him
on the local level and across the fence, than to
waste time trying to elect more stupid politicains
with the promise that in 10 years they might change
the zoning law...

--
........ Alex Fraser  N3DER .........
......... beatnic at comcast.net .......