UWB over powerline

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.NET
Fri Oct 1 17:39:54 CDT 2004

Richard Barth wrote:
> Yes, they were pushing this at the TG 1/8 meeting in Boston a couple of
> months ago.  Idea they're promoting is that it's inconvenient to have
> all those cables interconnecting all those boxes (radio receiver, VCR,
> DVD player, TV, etc.) and you can eliminate the cables by having the
> signals come into each box through the power cord.

When I was talking to a few of the UWB startups a year and a half ago, I
  could see some short-range consumer electronics plays that weren't
entirely crackpot ideas. (e.g. streaming video to the flat panel TV on
the wall)

This long-range UWB for HDTV over cable thing is something else entirely.

What exactly does one use for a distribution amplifier in a system like
that?

--Bob