[Fwd: LF: MW]

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 16 20:28:15 CST 2004

Frederick,

Thanks for the steer, I suspected DGPS but the signal is different from
the DGPS I hear near 350 kHz.  This signal does seem to be time related
and the High Accuracy DGPS seems to account for it but I cannot find
anything on the Internet describing the signal structure or the
operating frequencies.  It looks like a test station is operating near
Hagerstown MD for the HA-DGPS testing.  The signal is strong and I
suspect this one we are seeing is closer to us.  It also appears the
testing is being done by the Department of Transportation rather than
the USCG.  I am not sure who is what now that the Department of Homeland
Security has taken on USCG.

The fellow in Germany got a license for 440 but he has not said what
modulation he will be using.  Since he is an LF ham, I suspect he will
start with slow CW so we might see him with a program like ARGO.  It
could be interesting to see if we can pick him up with winter propagation.

Frank K0BRA