Flurescent lamps ?

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Tue May 23 07:45:54 CDT 2006

Gang,

A lighting designer is a person who helps you designing the right
lighting for your new home, etc. She does not necessarily know anything
about electricity, but supposedly knows the best place to install
spotlights, etc., to make a dramatic difference to your rooms.

Te other day, a lady lighting designer, whom we happen to know slightly,
claimed that experience had taught her not to put a regular incandescent
lamp and one of these new fluorescent replacement lamps on the same
circuit, even if these is no dimmer controlling that circuit, because
the fluorescent bulb will often die instantly.

Has anyone ever heard of this ?
If it is true (I haven't tried it yet), is there any valid explanation
for this phenomenon ?

73
André N4ICK