Fluorescent lamps ?

John Teller jsteller at spottydog.us
Tue May 23 20:59:06 CDT 2006

I have incandescent and fluorescent bulbs on the same circuit, with no
interaction evidenced.  I did have one fluorescent burn out in
spectacular fashion, but that was because it was one of the cheap
Chinese units that was subject to the "recall".  I can't see how the two
would affect each other, as the former offers a load that is almost
purely resistive, while the latter is more likely reactive.  Perhaps if
the circuit were near its limit, the heavy load initially offered by the
cold filaments might make things dicey when the fluorescents attempted
to start.

--- JST