FiOS TV ?

Will Russell will7777r at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 17 18:30:25 CDT 2006

Andre,

Just in case, I retained a fax line on copper. Actually, I only signed up
for the FIOS internet service, but the TV is sitting there in the box
outside my back door.  No problems with the FIOS phone (don't know about
alarms).  It does lead me to think about going to Voice Over IP at a
significant savings over retaining the telephone features from the old
copper line. (It seems like that's what Verizon is really doing with the
voice FIOS.)

Another potential reason to keep copper is that the FIOS box works on a
battery, which will eventually discharge if there is a major power failure.
Albeit, one may have other sources, such as back up generators.  Believe
this is a similar situation should one choose Cox phone service, but have no
personal experience.

Will, KM4VJ