Experimenter hf net organizing

David A Aitcheson - KB3EFS kb3efs at gisco.net
Wed Aug 23 23:54:36 CDT 2006

Frank,

Has any consideration been given to doing a kit for this antenna
project?

On first glance this antenna would be the "ideal standard" for a station
that is going to be set up as a lurker.  Say a _RX only_ 10m or 20m
station that is being run my a SWL or a Technician licensed ham; or for
that matter a school that does not have a licensed ham on staff but the
teacher wants to promote ham radio.

My thinking is... a standard antenna, and a standard receiver (RX-320)
should equal a standard system that would yield repeatable and results
from any one signal source.  Thus given: station A received at 1, 2, 3,
4, etc. would only vary due to propagation differences caused by
ionospheric changes. The same should be measurable in cases of B, C, D,
etc. transmitting to 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

If the transmitters are all of the same make/model and set to the same
power levels and feeding as nearly identical antennas as possible with
the controlling being done by (maybe networked) PIC controllers; then
true scientific studies can really begin I think.

Have I interpreted correctly your plans. Thoughts?

73
Dave - KB3EFS(/2) Tech. [FN24bi]
Web Master http://www.propnet.org